OK - so lemme think here... Some of these I have put up before, but they're no less true now. I am about 4 and a half months out from surgery.
* The pants I bought a month ago, the day before my Disney Trip, require a belt to stay up and are all baggy and saggy.
* That would be because I am down over 15 pounds since then and it all appears to have departed from my butt.
* I am on the smallest holes in my belt.
* I bought new shirts in size 18/20, down from 26/28 or 30/32 depending on the cut.
* I got my hair all cut off and razor cut into short layers - and it looks GOOD. I LOVE my Hair Goddess!
* Got flirted with by the Barista at the local Starbucks.
* Had two periods since my surgery and while they were both heavy they STOPPED after a week (I spent 5 months straight bleeding last year so this is GOOD).
* Since getting my stricture fixed I have been able to eat more variety and am not bored to tears by food nearly as easily.
* I have lost over 110 pounds but my wedding ring, while a bit loose, still fits. Seems like it would be too big by now.
* My Dansko clogs, which I was considering trying to sell cause they didn't fit (were WAY too small), now fit and are a little loose. So maybe I will need to try to sell them after all. HHmm..
* Went and got a bucnh of my skin tags removed. I paid out of pocket but some of them were starting to really bug me with the change in skin and size.
* Getting better with my protein - internalized that I have a mini fridge of my own at work and maybe I should USE it. *DUH* So I have hummus and cheese and other protein stuff I can keep in stock.
* Am actually a size and shape I could live with rather well if I didn't lose any more weight.
* Am actually starting to get comfortable with myself - and have sewing stuff planned.
* Starting to have that extra energy I kept hearing about.
* Am constantly hearing "you look amazing" etc etc etc.
* My scars have all shrunk to about half their starting size, and the one for my gallbladder looks like a large freckle and not a scar at all.
* My friend arianrhodstorm
is a certified Aromatherapist and made me some scar ointment - and I LIKE it.
* My husband is amazing and wonderful and I could not have done this without him.
* Starting to think that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that it may not be an oncoming train.
* Started going back to Curves.
* Starting to think I might actually look like the user pic on this post again someday.
* The pants I bought a month ago, the day before my Disney Trip, require a belt to stay up and are all baggy and saggy. Yeah I know - complain complain.
* I cannot find my leather punch in order to help my belt continue to help me. Crap.
* My low back issues have decided to leave my sacral/lumbar area and travel up to the upper thoracic/lower cervical area and my left shoulder. Wow it hurts. I am probably sleeping on it wrong and aggravating it - but MAN *OW*
* Been having headaches a lot - and tylenol doesn't work on me, and I am not allowed to take what DOES work (ibuprofen or exedrin).
* My face thinks I am 13 - oil all over the place and breakouts. Argh.
* My eczema is acting up - likely due to the hormonal and dietary changes. Luckily I have Aquaphor in house.
* Gotten really bad about my water - I think the only reason I am not all constipated is cause I am back on the Metformin and it does a number on your digestive tract.
* Likely won't be able to go to West Kingdom 12th night like I was planning - other things have eaten my life. I still want the cotehardie though.
* The mood swings come and go and I am tired a lot.
* My scars randomly itch a lot.
* Having separation anxiety from my old clothes - but it's WAY past time to clean out my closet and dresser.
* Realized that while we have been pretty good with getting pictures we forgot to get 3 month post ops pics. Sigh.
* On a plateau and have been here for a couple of weeks.
* Only got to Curves once this week
Lap RNY with Gallbladder removal
7/10/06, Dr. ajay Upadhyay, Oakland, CA
Age: 36, Height: 5'10"
Crossposted to wls